January 4, 2010

Who inspires you?

…What inspires you? I have asked that question so many times, I get a different answer each time! Some people are inspired by travel, some by books, and others by simply taking a walk. Recently I have come across quite a few people answering that question with; Cooking!

Perhaps a sign of the times (we cook more at home), perhaps the holiday season (cooking for friends and family), perhaps……

Just to clarify…. I am not the cook at home! I leave that to the professionals, but recently I too have been inspired by food. – No, I did not yet see the Julie & Julia movie, but I hear it is good.

A few Sundays ago, I came across Ina Garten on TV. She was going “back to basics” and I watched her cook chicken breast stuffed with goat cheese, sun dried tomato and fresh basil….. I attempted this without a recipe, after all, how hard could “basic” be? Surprise! It turned out wonderful and I am inspired to try something different!

Today I picked up “Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics” by Ina Garten and I am so looking forward to leaning more from her! Mustard-roasted fish anyone?



(I know this book has been blogged about 117 times, but I was just so happy and inspired!!!)



By the way...
Don't you just love her kitchen? I am in the beginning stages of redesigning our small kitchen, but that will be part of another blog entry, perhaps even a few entries!

Have fun cooking!
Natasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy... let me know what you think.
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Natasha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...