February 18, 2012

Malene Birger By Mail!
























... OK, so I totally missed this, don't know how, but I did...

Danish Fashion Designer Malene Birger has designed a stamp! Yes, a stamp...
All of a sudden - well, since July / August 2011 - it has become fashionable sending a letter again!!

And how did I find out about this you ask, well, on my birthday I received a letter from home with a lovely card and a FAN.TAS.TIC birthday gift.... The envelope was white, the writing black, the two different stamps were black, white & silver, and by closer inspection this is what I found!
You just know I went straight to the computer to find out more, right?





































Well, it turns out this "little" design job was given to Malene Birger (a seasoned designer) and to Silas Adler (a newcomer), both stamps were launched during Copenhagen Fashion Week. Quite an honor!! As with her art, this stamp has been "drawn freehand, with broad, soft lines and bold, pure graphics."
I love the black bow and the black border!!

Think about the combination of stamps, ink and and color next time you write a letter. Presentation is everything people, even when sending a letter, and not just when it is a wedding invitation!!


Natasha


Image #1 via Post Danmark, Image #2 via By Malene Birger

5 comments:

  1. That is one lovely stamp Natasha! Hope you've had a lovely weekend :)

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Underbart att det inte bara är kungligheter och blommor på frimärkena. Me lika!

    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stamp, what a wonderful idea!!! Makes me proud to be Danish :o) Hope you had a lovely birthday Natasha!
    xxxx
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't remember the last time I received a letter that wasn't a bill...
    A letter in the mail is so much more personal than a text etc...................
    ........................................................................
    Tania Maree xx

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy... let me know what you think.
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Natasha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...