August 18, 2012

It's the Weekend!




































Last weekend I was wandering the - very hot - streets of Soho in New York, and among the many super cool stores and showrooms were Ochre. Most of you are probably familiar with the oh-so-chic Arctic Pear light fixture, and it was there in all it's glory :) !!

What you might not know is the chandelier I have featured here, called Seed Cloud Installation. I had not seen it in person before, but let me tell you, it's absolutely amazing!! There are 114 solid cast bronze buds each housing a glass drop and illuminated by a single LED light... Like drops of water, bulbs of flowers... The organic form of the cast metal and the raw finish, in stark contract to the polished glass, beautiful!!



































I just love this photo!! 
I took them both with my phone - love the camera - and you can really see the detail in each drop! I do not currently have a project where I can use this light fixture, but it was just too cool not to share :)

What is your take on this  Seed Cloud by Ochre??
... and on a different subject, their horn handles are amazing as well!!

Natasha

Images by NHH for the Northern Light Blog

3 comments:

  1. No I wasn't aware of either lights but they look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this post natasha!! i can't believe you took those with your phone? what kind of phone do you have? love the lights!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful light fixture! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy... let me know what you think.
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Natasha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...