August 15, 2013

Mirror, Mirror on the...



































Just came across this image of a Venetian mirror, and I just LOVE how it brings sparkle and femininity to an otherwise raw space, filled with natural materials!

... this was the "sister image" and - to me - equally beautiful!

... and that brings me to this mirror at a clients newly finished condo. While the entire space was re-done, a few of my clients "old" things were kept and re-purposed, cleaned or re-upholstered. 
(I just snapped this image with my cell phone, so please no judging on the quality of the image. The shadow-y finish is due to the fact that the image was taken "through" the mirror)

The boarder of the mirror is so beautiful! While I didn't immediately have a plan for the mirror, I just knew I had to keep it. The style was nothing like what I was going for, but sometimes (ok, most often), I find that working in a beautiful old piece, is what gives the space character and life!!

Are you a fan of these mirrors, or have they seen better days??
Natasha

Image #1 & #2 via Skona Hem, Image #3 NHH for the Northern Light Blog

2 comments:

  1. Allt blir vackert hos Magasin 36. Speglen är helt underbar. Ha en skön helg! Kram Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of old Venetian mirrors! Some of the newer ones or reproductions can be a little *too* sparkly,if being too sparkly is even possible :), but the aged ones with a little foxing are stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy... let me know what you think.
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Natasha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...